Table of content
Gone are those days when you had the fear of losing self-esteem and going through a cosmetic procedure to regrow your hair! The stark fact is that there have been many dreadful procedures and methods used to treat bald patients in the past, but a hair transplant is doing the magic and ensures that the patients get a natural-looking hairline.
With advances in hair transplant technology, dermatologists have been able to restore the thinning hairline and significantly thicken a patient’s hair. Now, say goodbye to the plug, an unnatural doll-like appearance associated with traditional treatments. Vizoxclinique, considered to be the best hair transplant hospital in Chandigarh, comes with the best hair treatment packages and services. Feel free to contact them and book your appointments online!
About Hair Transplant: A comprehensive guide!
A hair transplant, also called hair replacement or hair restoration, is a surgical procedure that includes moving hairs from a donor site, then planting them onto a thinning or bald side of a patient’s scalp. Dermatologist specializes in picking up small pieces of skin or grafts from the sides and back of a patient’s head to the front. These parts usually have healthy hair. Your healthcare provider transfers the graft to the bald or affected area of the scalp. After the transplanted skin has healed, it will continue to grow hair.
Benefits of hair transplant
Those who have baldness or hair loss caused due to disease, burns, or hormonal imbalances can benefit from hair transplants directly or indirectly. Some notable benefits of the hair transplant process are:
- Bring self-esteem back
- Life-long and effective hair loss solution
- Head full of hair and invisible or sparse bald areas.
Get Free Consultation
Types/methods of surgical hair restoration
The two most common methods of hair transplant procedure are FUT, or Follicular Unit Transplantation, and FUE, or Follicular Unit Extraction. Even though each method comes with minimal differences, the results are very similar.
Things to know: Follicular Unit Extraction technique has a modified version called Direct Hair Implantation or DHI, introduced by the DHI Global Medical Group Company. If you’re looking for DHI Hair Transplant Clinic in Chandigarh, directly reach out to VizoxClinique.
- FUE: This procedure involves pulling small units of hair (follicles) from the patient’s scalp with the help of medical instruments, then implanting them onto the top of the head to provide more density or restore the hairline. The biggest advantage is that FUE does not cause a large, visible scar.
Tip: With the best FUE hair transplant Clinic in Chandigarh, like VizoxClinique, patients can enjoy natural-looking results and see thick hair growing back on their heads.
- FUT: In this procedure, your healthcare provider takes off a strip of skin from the patient’s back of the scalp. Once the hair follicles are removed, dermatologists transplant the hair to the top of the head to fill in the crown or hairline. Unlike FUE methods, FUT has a higher success rate, although it can cause a more extensive, visible mark on the back of the scalp.
In most cases, patients can go back home on the same day once the surgery has been completed. However, depending on the type of hair transplant process you own, the recovery process and period for each patient can vary. A few days after the hair transplant surgery, the patient may be able to:
- Take off bandages after day 1
- Wash their scalp and hair after day 2
- Return to day-to-day activities after 3 to 5 days
- Visit their healthcare provider for stitches removed after 10 days
- Go back to sports or exercise after 3 weeks.
Risks and complications of hair transplant
Following are some common and visible complications and risks associated with hair transplant surgery.
- Failed flaps or grafts
- Extreme blood loss
- Edema in the affected part of the head
- The build-up of the suture and cysts site
- Loss of feeling, etc.
Seek your health care provider if you notice excessive bleeding from your scalp, a high fever for several days, pain or severe redness, signs of infection, or pus coming from the cut area.
The actual cost of a Chandigarh hair transplant highly depends on the length of the procedure, where you reside, and the surgeon’s skills and experience. If you’re from Chandigarh, you can expect to pay Rs 35,000 to Rs 75,000, based on the abovementioned factors.
Who is eligible for a hair transplant procedure?
To be eligible for the hair transplant process, you should fulfill the following conditions:
- The candidate should have good health.
- Candidates must have areas of thick hair growth on their scalp.
Note: Both men and women can be eligible for a hair transplant
Before undergoing a hair transplant, you should have done research about the procedure, cost, risks, limitations, and outcomes. Understand the purpose of the procedure; for example, if you are bald (completely), a hair transplant will often give significant results, although it will not give you the full look of hair. That’s it for this post, share your thoughts below. Thank you